I got this recipe from a cook. He worked at my Uncle's house and he made some yummy dishes. I love the tangy flavor the tomato adds to the pulav.
Basmathi rice- 1 cup
Tomatoes- 3 nos
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon- 1 stick
Bay leaf -1
Turmeric powder- 1 pinch
Coriander- cumin powder- 1 teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
I make this rice in a pressure cooker. That way it retains the flavor and it is done in a few minutes.
- Puree the tomatoes
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds, cinnamon, bay leaves and cloves. You can also add one small cardamom. Saute.
- Add the onions and saute till the onions turn pink.
- Add the tomato puree, turmeric, coriander-cumin powder and salt.
- Add basmati rice, 1 cup water and cook in pressure cooker.
- Decorate with coriander leaves and serve with raita.
Labels: North Indian