Bhindi Fry aka Okra Fry
I always find it tricky to cook Okra. You have to make sure that you cook it well so that you don't end up in a "glue-y" mess!
I make this okra dish and it is a healthier way to cook okra without making it too deep fried and the cooking time is only 15 minutes!
- Okra – 20 nos.
- Tomatoes- 1
- Amchur powder / Dry Mango powder- 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder- 1 tablespoon
- Green chillies- 2-3
- Salt according to taste
- Coriander leaves- to garnish
- Oil- 2 teaspoons
- Slit the okra into four pieces vertically. The okra should be dry when you cut it else it becomes very slippery.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil in a pan and add the okra. Add turmeric powder and amchur powder and sauté. Do not stir the okra frequently as the okra will stick to each other and it will be a mess.
- When the okra is soft, remove from pan and keep aside.
- Heat some oil in the pan and add onions, green chillis and tomatoes. Saute till the tomatoes become soft.
- Now add salt and some water and allow the mixture to boil.
- Add the okra and mix well with tomatoes and onions.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rotis or rice.
Labels: North Indian