Nalapagam

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sweet surprises!


Two sweet surprises for me! For the past few months I have been craving for halwas. I love halwas, not the red, hard ones, but the ones that melt in your mouth and are chewy. It was a pleasant surprise when one of my colleagues in Hyderabad, India sent two boxes of sweets to our US office- one for me and one for my other colleague. I was thrilled when I saw the words ' Bandar Halwa" marked outside one of the boxes and before my other colleague had a chance to choose, I took that box. I googled Bandar Halwa and it is a traditional sweet from Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India. The halwa box made my day.

The next surprise- dried mango pieces from Philippines! My colleague took a vacation to Philippines and she brought back some gifts. She gave me this amazing dried mango pieces and they tasted awesome- sweet and tangy.

Thanks to Ginny and Srinivas- my thoughtful friends for the sweet surprises!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home