I like to use Tofu (Bean Curd) in my cooking. It is a healthy substitute for Paneer and there is no major taste difference.
I love making Kadai Panner with Tofu as the substitute for Paneer. Here is the recipe for Kadai Paneer.
Coriander seeds (dhania)- 3 teaspoons
Dry red chillies- 2
Garlic- 1 teaspoon finely chopped
Green peppers- 2
Tofu - Extra Firm- diced
Turmeric- 1 teaspoon
Kasoori Methi ( Dry fenugreek leaves)- 1 teaspoon
- Dry roast the coriander seeds and coarsely grind the coriander seeds and dry red chillies.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan and fry the coarsely ground coriander seeds and dried red chillies.
- Add garlic and add finely chopped tomatoes. Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt. Cook till the tomatoes become mushy.
- In a separate pan, add 2 teaspoons of oil and fry the diced tofu pieces. Remove and set aside.
- Fry the chopped green peppers and add the green peppers and tofu to the tomatoes.
- Let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon Kasoori Methi and stir.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.